Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs: simpler than 3/1/1.5, but almost as good

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been doing ribs the GFW way, which is [I think] the very best: indirect 3 hr at 250, 1 hr in foil, then 45 direct, and 45 direct with sauce. [p]But it is a lot of work, and it uses a lot of foil. So I just did it the easy way: Just rubbed 'em with cheap yellow mustard and Snider's prime rib season salt before cooking -- no marinating. Then 4 hours at 250 indirect, flipping once in the middle, followed by another 2 hours direct at 225, with sauce. [p]Fell right off the bones, very smoky, tender, juicy. Not quite as juicy as GFW's way, but still far better than any ribs I ever had in a restaurant.[p]

Comments

• Charlie
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    IS THAT AT TOTAL 4 HOUR COOK OR 6 HOUR. I DID THE 250 INDIRECT, FLIPPING AFTER 1 HOUR. NEXT 2 HOURS SAUCE AND IN FOIL. VERY TENDER AND FALL OF BONE GOOD. THE NEXT TIME I WILL USE gfw'S WAY. I AM NEW TO THIS STE, AND NEW TO EGGING. I HAVE MED EGG. BUT WISH I BOUGHT LARGE.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Prof Dan, I like your method and have done (not quite) in similar fashion with lean ribs. I'me scheduled for ribs again next week and I think I'll try them your way![p]Love ribs, but after cooking them for a while, doesn't it make you wonder how you can order out (and I agree that they are NEVER as good) and get them ONLY in 15 to 20 minutes?[p]Have a great Evening! :~}