Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ham glaze and sides

Options
BeerBQ
BeerBQ Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good recipe for a ham glaze (or some dipping sauce for ham)? Or side dishes for Xmas dinner. Doesn't necessarily have to be egg related.

Comments

• Slotmercenary
    Options
    mix mustard, brown sugar, pineapple juice and ground cloves for a glaze or dipping sauce that is fabulous. good luck
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    a can crushed pineapple, a can whole cranberry sauce, the juice of one orange and its zest finely chopped, a little ground clove and white wine. simmer and reduce to a nice glaze. use as a galze just at the end as it will burn if on to long and to high a heat. use as a side to dip.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    I did a cider baked ham from Cooks Country for Thanksgiving and it was great.

I don't know about the legalities of sharing magazine recipes over the net? Anybody offer help on that issue?

In any case I could email it to you if you like.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    As long as you give attribution for the source it should be fine. It's been done a million times here and on other sites.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    yeah with everything but THE chili :whistle:
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    OK - so now, how do ya'll get a recipe from a recipe manager software to a posting.

In looking at previous posts it appears that you are exporting in a particular format. Details?

Is this OT? Sorry !
  • TheGrillisGone
    Options
    Frank,

you can always try the ole "cut and Paste" trick.

If you don't get the option...the key strokes are...
    1. Highlight area with mouse drag
    2. Ctl+C is copy
    go to the forum and in your message..
    3. Ctl+V is paste.

HTH

Jim
    Snellville, GA
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    My understanding of copyright law as it pertains to recipes is that a simple list of ingredients cannot be copyrighted. Original text describing a procedure, however, can be. You are always safe, then, if you rewrite the recipe procedure in your own words. Perhaps one of our attorney Eggheads could comment on this.

It's my understanding that the various enterprises run by Kimball (Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, etc.) are quite aggressive in protecting what they view as their intellectual property, and have chased after bloggers who posted their recipes, even when attribution was given.

I do agree with Sundown, however, that in practice recipes are reposted on the internet with attribution all the time by considerate bloggers, and without attribution by the rude ones.
  • BeerBQ
    BeerBQ Posts: 119
    Options
    Thanks to all those who posted...I got some good ideas.
  • Jack Sparrow
    Options
    Need recipe for apricot glaze with Ham thanks