Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef jerkey

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can anyone tell me how to make beef jerkey please?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    greenman,
    Here is a good start. One of my favorites.
    You can also use soy sauce in place of teryaki. Try 1 tbps. of cayenne your first try. [p]CWM

[ul][li]Beef Jerky[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    greenman,
    My first few attempts at beef jerkey turned out really well, except my wife thinks that they are doggie treats and the dog often gets more than I do. Sigh.... I took a big old piece of London Broil that I got on sale and cut into strips. I marinated these in a jerkey mix that I bought at BBQ's Galore. Then I just layed them on on grids in the egg, and cooked at 180-200 degrees until they looked like jerkey. Very nice![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    greenman,[p]Here is everything you need to know about making jerky. Over 20 years worth of jerky making tips and techniques.[p]Stogie
    [ul][li]Stogie's Jerky Page[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    How long does it keep in storage and what is the recomended way to store?

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    Frankly, I don't know. I keep mine in the refrigerator and it lasts about 1 day before the dog and I finish it. I would think that jerky which is completely cooked and dry should keep for a long time in a plastic bag. Wasn't that the whole point in the old days? Than jerky would keep without refrigeration? [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    Jerky.JPG?dc=4675409962423313272
    <p />Stogie,[p]Made this just last week. Kevi's page was great, and so was the jerky! I made a lot and stored in zip-loc bags thinking they would be around a while. As noted below, however, everytime I opened a bag, it would instantly be empty! People really liked it, and it was addicting. Will definitely make again, and try some of his other versions.[p]DrEgg
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    jerkeysesame2.jpg
    <p />greenman,[p]This is some jerky I did a while back. E-mail me and I wiil give you the recipe.[p]Mick