Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shipping Costs

Options
Bubblehead
Bubblehead Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to order a Medium Egg (Present from Wife and that's as expensive as she'll go) from the local BBQ Galore store. They had the Medium in stock but only had upgraded accessories (Auto Lock, Dual Top, Ect) for Large Eggs. They are searching with their other stores but say it may be awhile before getting them. I don't want to wait and don't want to replace the parts later. I know I can order from the Factory or a closer distributor, but I want to know how much the shipping cost are going to add to the final price so I can convince the wife it's in her budget. Just looking for ballpark figures so I don't want to waste a salesmens time so any info you can give whould be wonderful[p]Thanks in Advance

Comments

• BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Options
    Bubblehead,
    You'd be better off to go with the Large egg direct, than with the medium via USPS.

• Bubblehead
    Options
    bd,[p]Problem is if there's that big a difference I'll be waiting for BBQ Galore to get the parts. Thanks for the info.

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    Bubblehead,
    Per Big Green Egg website: Shipping for large or medium egg:[p]East of Mississippi:[p]Shipped to buisness address or customer pickup at trucking terminal - $80[p]Shipped to residental address - $125[p]West of Mississippi:[p]Shipped to buisness address or customer pickup at trucking terminal - $100[p]Shipped to residental address - $150[p]Accessories purchased at time of BGE purchase are shipped free. Accessories purchased seperately are shipped at prevailing UPS rates.[p]Mr Beer[p]

• Bubblehead, you dont have to wait for BBQGalore to get a Big Egg in stock. Go to website...Soundcedar.com. THey have what you want, and ship at reasonable expense.

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    CAguy,[p]Yeah and the Egg table I made from their center cut clear cedar was just beautiful. Total cost for the wood was less expensive than red wood, looks great and is relitively lite weight compared to other woods. They are great folks.[p]Elder Ward

• Bubblehead,[p]Pricing on the EGG seems to vary considerably from place to place. Purchased my first LGE at Grills Galore in Cary, NC. Drove all the way down there from Virginia Beach and saved $100. Of course it was a good excuse to take a roadtrip and visit my beloved Chapel Hill. Purchased my second one, SGE from Cherokee Stove in Augusta, Ga. They gave be a good deal and shipped it to me overnight. I highly recommend them - Tater, Rick or Steve can help you there. I've found that I use the SGE quite often. It is all you need for a few steaks, a small turkey or butt, and has become an essential travel companion on trips to the NC Outer Banks. The LBE is a bit big for the two of us, but sure comes in handy when you have a lot of people over. I could make due with a MGE. Now my thoughts have turned to aquiring one. Good luck and Go Heels![p]Tarheel[p]

[ul][li]Cherokee Stove[/ul]