Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Stone

Banker John
Banker John Posts: 583
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's time to break down and buy a new pizza stone for the egg. I had a Pampered chef stone that lasted for close to 15 different pizza cooks on the egg. The last cook, however, shattered the stone. Now it is time for the thick stone made for the egg.[p]How big (diameter) is the BGE stone? Are there different sizes of stones or just one size fits all? (I have a medium Egg and already have a plate setter)[p]I live no where close to a dealer. Can someone please send me the phone number to order one? Also, while I'm ordering, how hard is it to get a replacement firebox (the fire got just a little too hot) and is the firebox covered under warranty?[p]Banker John[p]PS - If RRP had not given me such a great recipe for pizza sauce, I might not have this problem. Thanks Ron!

Comments

• Banker John,[p]Yes, the firebox is covered by warrantee. If your old one will still sit in place, you might want to get your replacement and put it away somewhere safe and use the cracked one until it will no longer function. I've had my "replacement" sitting in my garage for over a year now.[p]The BGE Pizza Stones are listed in the accessories section catalog. There is a link on the home page. The large stone is 14" and the medium is 12". I use a 16 inch stone on my large egg. I think if you have an inch all the way around, you will have enough airflow. I've never had trouble with my 16" stone.[p]If you need the phone number, it too is linked off of the home page under "How to contact us". Good luck![p]TNW
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    And just to clarify in case I wasn't too clear, my 16" stone came from Crate and Barrel. BGE doesn't sell one that big.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Banker John,
    I use the BGE 14" stone on my medium and it works great. Definitely get that one.