Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - COLD!

2»

Comments

• ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Well, I may as well tell my tale. All set to Cold smoke some Cheese today. I mean.......what the hell.....-15 is cold isn't it?. Well I guess they..the old guys...meaning older than I...were right. I put 5...yeah just 5 small briquets on the egg thinking there's no way that can get too hot... Yeah right...melted the cheese. Yes......I said.....air temp -15 and the cheese melted. Damn.....these eggs really do work.

Next time I will wait til it's -40 or so...that way I will be sure to get the real cold smoke :laugh:

It's supposed to get up to -16 tomorrow...heat wave.

Rick in Mt
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    But I ain't a real greenie, I'm from the deep south 'course that likely doesn't help any

That's actually better. Heheee. The small flies we use most often are wets. It's too damn windy for dry's most of the time.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    well yesterday morning my thermometer here by my chair said 8. just 8 out. that was with out the wind. this morning it says 38 and there is NO wind :) it is supposed to be 50 today. unfreakin real. the bad storm fri was south of us by just a few miles, as you drive it is like you pass through a ice curtain in to winter. we melted all off by sat morning and never lost power.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    It's 20° here right now - supposed to get down to 13° tonight. Doesn't sound like much (I used to live where it regularly got into the minus double digits) but that's COLD for Portland. Only about an inch of snow in the Metro area, but virtually all of the schools are closed.