Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Results

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Photos do not nearly tell the full story.
These were amazing! Hard to fully describe as I do not remember the taste of the last time I had venison, but these were delicious! Simple hind qtr sliced, brused with oil and salt and pepper. Seared on small for about 2 minutes a side. Rest of meat in on stove bubbling away for a stew.
GO JETS!!!!! 1-0!!! as final 3 games is the season!
sliced.jpg
flipped.jpg
done.jpg

Comments

• Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Todd-Glad to know somebody got a deer. Three of us were upstate for 3 days and no one got a buck. Glad your venison turned out so well.

Brian
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Man Todd tht looks great. Got some duck fellets and deer I need to do soon. Wife just want hardly eat duck! The one thing I got running out my ears and she don't like it. Figures! :laugh:
  • I cant describe it fully how awesome it was! Almost taste like beef, but a bit more tender and no "beef aftertaste"(though beefy aftertaste not a bad thing) is the best way to describe.- This coming from someone who hasnt had venison in more then a decade. Now I need to get a hunters license!
    Anyway, I didnt realize how much I had so below is a lot of it in the stew Im doing now. The rest I refroze and will do steaks when the time comes.
    stew.jpg
  • looks good; I nearly had fresh venison last night --a buck got honked off the road by me, and the doe was under my car sliding like an ice skater for the culvert. On all four hooves. I was so glad I didn't hit them. I like venison, but I like my car better--and I was driving some clients who spotted the deer before I did.