Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal chops of Choice filets?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got tow other couples coming over for Valentine's dinner at our place...torn between good ol' choice filets (drop a smaller grill down to the level of the top of the firebox and sear 'em at about 750 degrees) or some nice looking bone-in veal chops. Never tried the chops before...Anyone?

Comments

• or, not of and two not tow...Sheesh! I'm lost w/out spell check.

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Headhunter,
    I vote for the veal chops. Salt, pepper, rub with garlic and sear to medium: about 4 min a side at 500. Actually, my favorite is a rack of veal chops - 6-8 ribs - rubbed with olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, and dusted with unflavored bread crumbs. Cook as a roast over a drip pan at 350 until internal temp is 145; let it rest for 15 minutes, then cut off the individual ribs for your guests. Tastes great and is a hell-of-a-presentation. Enjoy