Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last nights full moon

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,727
edited 11:54AM in EggHead Forum
DSC_0010-5.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
·

Comments

• WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    great picture Ross. It was too cloudy here in Temecula to see the "big" moon.
    ·
  • Ross,

Beautiful.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Great shot Ross. It was something else. Are you prepared for the "epic" storm that is coming in?
    ·
  • Steve,
    Tks.
    ·
  • Thanks Fluffyb let it come I just finished cooking some Cow Lick Chili!
    ·
  • Wilby Thanks.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Ross
    That is just beautiful.....too busy with a brisket that night......never looked at the moon.... :(
    ·
  • WADougWADoug Posts: 191
    Great view and pictures. Moon pictures are tough, so I hear. I took one, and hope it will appear, but I'm still learning about getting pictures to this forum. If this appears, I took it in Eastern WA with very bad weather conditions. High wind, cold, ugly... but I went out and got a couple of pictures. Maybe you will see it.

ShootTheMoon.jpg
    ·
  • Doug,
    Great picture! Did you take it?
    ·
  • WADougWADoug Posts: 191
    Thanks Ross. Your composition was inspiring and I do appreciate how difficult it can be to take a picture of the moon. I understand your question. There were lots of people taking pictures of the moon that night. Yes I took it, it's my picture of the moon Friday night Dec 12, 2008 in eastern WA. Driving home I saw lots of great views of the full moon, clouds passing in front, that sort of thing. But, when I got home and ventured out to take a picture, the moon was between clouds and I wasn't sure I could wait for a better setup, besides it was very windy and cold. I wanted to see if I could get the picture and run back inside. I did some PS-Elements post-processing to improve the lighting and cropped to a closer view (I used a 200mm lens). I'm an old fart getting back to photography, something that I liked when young. Always loved the full moon. Finally was able to get a picture of it.
    ·