Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Hinge for small egg

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a new small for my brother-in-law at Eggtoberfest. When is the testing on the new hinge going to be completed? He is anxious to get his egg up to speed.Thanks, Ray

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Babyray,[p]I was at the store in Atlanta this past weekend. John said they were still working to cure the problem of the gap in the back when the lid was closed. No word on any time frame. Larry just happened to be in town from up north and we had a nice visit, too. That was a pleasant surprise. I picked up a spring assisted band for my first large and installed it last night. On the old wagon wheel setup it does make the egg tipsy when the lid is open. I guess I'll get the new nest for Egg #1 next.[p]Jim
  • Kip
    Kip Posts: 87
    Options
    JSlot
    Was the new hinge hard to install? Will I have the same problem with my Eggnest? What aer the real advantages of the new hinge?[p]Thanks,[p]Kip

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Kip,[p]The new hinge is a great improvement. One-handed opening and closing is the difference. The new hinge was extremely easy to install. It took about 45 minutes to get the old one off and the new one on. I just removed the old one with the lid closed and then lined up and tightened down the new one. Instability is not an issue with the new, taller nest since the Egg sort of wedges down into it. In the old version, the Egg just sits on flat crossbars.[p]Jim