Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kitchenaids for $199 you Santas

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you don't have a kitchenaid (great with the sausage attachment if you make your own) you can get one for $199, which is the best price I've found. Free shipping as well. Still time to request this from your Santa-person at home. Or to be the Santa.

Click Here to see the Kitchenaid

Comments

• Just to let everybody know this is the low power version 250 watts. I have the 325 watts and have used the bigger one and wish I had more, 325 will do the job but warms up on occasion when grinding meat if I try to do too much. Maybe sombody who has the 250 watts version would chime in.
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    At Macy's yesterday, they had the Artisan series 325W mixers for $299 w/ a mail in rebate for $20. In addition, the salesperson said that Macy's was also offering an additional 10% off (something they don't usually do on these appliances). That brings in down to $240 before the rebate. Might have to wrap one up for myself.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I picked up the big 575 Watt six quart model after a tip from the Weber forum for $269 free shipping a couple weeks ago.
    I don't think that price is a big sale for the smaller model.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    If I may inject my opinion based on over 20 years experience with KA mixers; I'm on my third one.....the first was a 325 watt model that lasted many years, but, finally burned up. The second was a 350 watt model that worked well for several years, but, I finally stripped the gears after several batches of sourdough bread (a very tough dough to deal with). Finally, I got the Professional 600 model which is 575 watts and is the largest one KA makes. It's a beauty and has plenty of quiet, raw power. If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten the 600 model to start with. I saw one on Amazon the other day for $299.....My advice, don't waste your money on those lower power units. They may last a while but, if you ever want to get into making bread such as sourdough, whole wheat, etc. that are a pretty tough dough you're gonna wish you had gone with the power unit.
    I also have a Viking 1000 watt unit that has oodles of power but I still prefer the KA.....when I'm doing a serious bread making session I'll have both units going! Joan just shakes her head and goes shopping for the day so she doesn't have to see flour flying all over her kitchen! :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    She leaves because you steal all of her counter space, you table thief. -RP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Before you go ahead and order that one you have to ask your self what do I plain on using this for. Very important. For light stuff this is fine. But if you want something to grind and making sausage, and dough for bread or pizza then this unit is light of a mixer.

With it you will find it's going to work hard and maybe even bog down with only 250 watts. The right tool for the right job always comes out better. Just my opinion.

This is what I use and no bogging down with dough making sausage making and so on and works great. The watts mean a lot, this unit has 575 watts compared to 250 watts. Had it now two years with no problems.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Stand+Mixers&cat=310&prod=1836
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Mike, your links don't work. -RP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    So John your like me then when making dough, make a big mess with the flour. See you have to start cleaning up when Joan comes home and make it look like your making a bigger mess so she will help you. :laugh: She is a sweet heart. Never mind don't do that. :evil: I get away with that here. :cheer:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Thanks Randy I got it. To many things going on at once.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    The Pro 600 was the model I just purchased.
    I remember seeing a post of yours in the past
    on blenders and was waiting for a good price.
    Amazon had 3 colors for $269.00 a couple weeks ago when I purchased. It only took me 3 days and it was here.
    I purchased the meat grinder as well. For small grinding sesions it works great.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • egret
    Options
    Randy! How can you say such a thing!? I was willing to give you 10% of your table space.......but, no! You wanted 20!! Call ME a table thief!!? Remember, I told you to be happy with what you have! :lol: :woohoo:
  • egret
    Options
    Hey Mike,
    It's pretty hard not to make a mess when you're doing a bunch of loaves at once......But, I always clean up my mess; hopefully, before Joan gets home! :woohoo:
  • egret
    Options
    You done good if you just invested in a pro 600. That's a sweet machine! I have the meat grinder as well which I'm happy with. The most I ever grind up at one time is 2 butts, so I've never had any problem with mine.....
  • egret
    Options
    I just got mine the first of this year and love it! They have reconfigured the dough hook into a spiral configuration. It really is a huge improvement over the old "L" shaped one......
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You are a table thief...

But you are right about the KA Mixer. I bought a refurbished one from KA. So far it has stood up to everything I have thrown at it.

NOTE: My choice of KA Mixer is an Opinion. You of course are free to buy whichever on you want.
  • McPhreak
    Options
    Costco has a 475-watt pro model for around 279. Lifetime satisfaction when you purchase from Costco.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    That is the 5 plus Pro Series. Still a good mixer and a decent price.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    If color is not a big issue Amazon still has the black "licorice" color Pro 600 KA for $269 free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KP26M1XNP-Professional-6-Quart-Nickel/dp/B0002Y5X9W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1229035512&sr=8-1

Just toggle the colors the link will not take you dirrectly to a specific color.

Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas