Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Website speed

Options
Pitmaster
Pitmaster Posts: 74
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Hello Webmaster,
I have sent you an email (Ithink it went to you via this site) about the websites speed. It seems to have degraded in the last month or two. Can you check this? I don't believe it is on my end as all other websites I go to download amazingly quick. I have posted on the regular forum and people have responded that it isn't very fast for them either, but they don't say anything.

Any help?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Pitmaster,

I have not noticed any slower than normal performance lately; and, it seems fine to me right now. I checked the memory and such on the server and all seems well there too. I'm not sure why it seems slow to some right now. Network problems don't usually last for two months, but I suppose it's possible.
  • Pitmaster
    Options
    Well, can you give me any suggestions as to why it is the only website that is slow to download for me? I can't figure out why any other website I go to comes up fast, but this one I have to wait for up to a minute to get to show pages. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Pitmaster,

Hmm, that's a long time -- a minute. Even the index usually just takes 2-5 seconds to download for me. I could see a bit longer, but a minute seems excessive. Are all pages slow, or just the Eggheadforum index?