Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pseudo-Stuffed Snapper 4 Dinner

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a fish hankering, but wanted to snap up the usual grilled snapper. Went ahead and seasoned up the filets with the usual suspects (Old Bay and Paul P's Blackened Seasoning:

IMG_0780.jpg

Then decided to do a simple crab stuffing; celery, baby bellas, red onion, butter, little garlic and seasoning into the skillet with some cracker and bread crumbs:

IMG_0779.jpg
IMG_0782.jpg

Had the egg stabilized at 400, porcelain gid at normal level. Went reverse order and placed skin up for a couple minutes, then flipped and covered with some of the the stuffing. Another 8 minutes and..

IMG_0784.jpg

Plated with some Pintos cooked with Cilantro and a can of Rotel. Pretty tasty!
IMG_0786.jpg

Comments

• birddog14
    Options
    I see you have some Slap Ya Mama...I like it way better than Tony Chachere's
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Brad, excellent cook man, love the way you did the fish, almost looks fried, the stuffing too, I could just eat a pile of that alone - beautiful:

by the way what is Rotel?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    I'm with you BirdDog - I grew up on Tony's in Metairie..and did not get introduced to SYM until last year in Destin...it was in the Condo that we rented and I tried it on scrambled eggs - OMG, killer stuff on eggs, and anything else for that matter.

birddog14 wrote:
    I see you have some Slap Ya Mama...I like it way better than Tony Chachere's
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Thanks Zippy, I actually had some leftover stuffing and my son wound up eating two impromptu crab cakes I made out of it.

Rotel is a canned combination of stewed diced tomoatoes and green chiles. It's a staple here in Tejas, used on almost every house frau's chile con queso dip (this might be called mexican cheese dip in other parts). There are a couple varieties, mild to hot, etc.

Zippylip wrote:
    Brad, excellent cook man, love the way you did the fish, almost looks fried, the stuffing too, I could just eat a pile of that alone - beautiful:

by the way what is Rotel?
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    My next door neighbors are from Austin & introduced us here to the queso dip, love it, they always have it
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Very Nice!

I'm impressed that the fish didn't stick to the the grill. I haven't cooked much fish,did you oil up the grill before putting the fish on?
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Very clean grid, oiled with EVOO on a paper towel, AND oiled the fish skin..sprayed the top of fish after spicing up. To be honest, the skin did stick some...but, one less thing to worry about biting into. ;)

TomM24 wrote:
    Very Nice!

I'm impressed that the fish didn't stick to the the grill. I haven't cooked much fish,did you oil up the grill before putting the fish on?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Well done! I have done something like that with salmon. Makes a great meal and not hard to do. The beans sound almost as good as the fish!