Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Latest Adventure

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had an interesting experience last night away from the Chicken Ranch and into the world of those who have plenty of money to play with (kinda like I'll be when the Texas Lottery Commission comes through on their promise to make me rich if only I purchase a ticket).

Anyway, it was the company's annual Christmas Dinner for all four employees and spouses.

The first interesting experience was to see a really, REALLY nice outdoor kitchen/entertainment area. Judy's boss was happy to show off his recent addition to his already expensive home before leaving for the restaurant. I think I heard just over $100,000 for the outdoor kitchen part that only had a gas grill to cook on. For the tenth time I suggested he get a Big Green Egg. He said for the tenth time that he doesn't need a Big Green Egg as long as he has me. But as gas grills go, this one was exceptionally nice - a FireMagic Echelon. It was built into the custom cabinetry that was topped with granite. It had a powerful exhaust fan that hardly made any noise due to the outside location of the fan motor. There were drawers for just about everything including a deep drawer for liquor bottles. Naturally, everything was convenient and well made.

The ceiling was vaulted with huge beams and tongue and grooved planking. There were two hardly noticeable exhaust ports discretely tucked away at the very top of the ceiling for discharging hot summer air. It was entirely screened in along with the beautifully landscaped pool and spa. No chance of a bug messing up your meal.

Furniture was very comfortable and mostly faced the stone gas fireplace and built-in high-def TV. I could go on but you get the picture. It was nice. I vowed on the spot to purchase another Lottery Ticket.

Then we went to Perry's Steakhouse, a very upscale restaurant nearby. The company had a very good year so there was no limitations on what we could order. Take a look at the choices: http://perrysrestaurants.com/menus/twDinner.html

I selected the Pork Chop. Yes, a pork chop instead of a prime/aged steak. Read this about it: PERRY'S FAMOUS PORK CHOP (Carved Tableside) •
Hand selected in the Midwest specifically for Perry's Steakhouse, this prime chop is cured, roasted, slow-smoked and caramelized
and served with homemade applesauce.

This thing was huge and had to be carved for me at the table. I could only eat about 1/4th of it so I will be having pork chop for 3 more 4ths. Very tasty. I'm not sure I would want to try to do one on the Egg but the thought did pass my mind.

We all passed on dessert because we were so full. I'm sure it would have also been an enjoyable adventure.

Anyway, it was nice to venture into the exclusive world of the rich for a few hours but we were happy to get back home to the simple life we live here at the Chicken Ranch.

Just looking at the steaks on the other's plates I couldn't help but wonder just how good that piece of meat would have been if it had been cooked on a Big Green Egg. But I'm spoiled and already know the answer.

Spring "Not Suitable For Fame But Fortune Would Be Nice" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments