Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Gilligans Island

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
edited 6:31AM in EggHead Forum
I was on a job yesterday and there were over 100 of these laying around. I know the professor showed us how to make a radio out of a coconut but I'm looking for something edible other than raw. Any Ideas??

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    That is an easy one...coconut grilled shrimp.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    Be careful Pat, if they're anything like the ones in that radioactive veggie episode, you could end up needing bigger boxers :laugh:
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    Young ones can be roasted to concentrate the sweet milk, then chilled and served. These are too old, unfortunately.
  • i'd say add ginger and shake! :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Is that a bad thing :woohoo: :whistle:
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    we'd have to ask the missus :ermm: :huh: :whistle:
    Thanks Tony I'll shred one up for that. Already have 4 pounds of shrimp in the freezer.
    I always liked Maryann :blush:
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    If you ship me 4 or 5 I am sure I could come up with a few dozen recipes..

:woohoo: :lol: :laugh:
    There is plenty of milk in these but I didn't grab any of the green ones.
    They were all over the ground. Had to be well over 100. I should be back there in January
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    By January they'll be all gone..

I see how you are...

I am going to be watching you like a Hawk in Ocala.. Don't do anything stupid!!

Vengeance may be the Lords, but payback is mine... :woohoo:
    It's private property and the trees were loaded. Buy January I could probably fill a dumptruck. Ocean front home and the owner only comes buy once every couple of months. I'd like to see his main residence :woohoo:
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    the professor could make a radio out of a coconut, but couldn't fix a two-foot hole in a boat. wtf?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike,

You're so analytical...sometimes you just have to let art flow over you.

Steve :laugh:

Caledon, ON

• bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    LC says these may be Water Coconuts and they are only good green on the tree. She said take an axe to one and check the meat on them. They should have a very thin layer of coconut meat inside. Not what you get at Publix.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    You could cut a hole in one and have a hat! :woohoo:
  • BiscuitBiscuit Posts: 208
    I like coconuts
    You can break them open
    They smell like ladies lying in the sun
    I like coconuts
    You can break them open
    They smell like ladies lying in the sun
    And if I had my way
    I'd give a coconut to everyone