Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tasty Lick'er Thighs

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
next time she hands them to you & says ‘how’bout somethin new cook-boy’ :kiss: . Bone & skin, season generously with Tasty Licks Original, grind, form into patties, & to mini for about 10 minutes per side at 400. Top with cheese, pickles, onions, & Sticky Fingers Tennessee Whiskey (what else for this ), a very generous gift from sparky:

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

These were incredibly easy and good so I will do them again & again.
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    The chicken burgers look great. Do you like the way the grinder works on the Kitchen Aid?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Thanks, & yes, I use it all the time, this is the first time for chicken however, very sticky & a little difficult to form into patties, but the grinder is excellent
    happy in the hut
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Thats it. Between you and Randy I'm convinced a grinder is a must have.
  • Zippylip
    Options
    No doubt Pat, if you have the Kitchen Aid, the grinder is about $50, & once you have that, for another $50 you can add the tomato squeezer attachment onto the end of the meat grinder, it's a great combination of tools to have
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Those look great Zippy :woohoo: I'm glad that you like the Sticky Fingers,I havn't tried it yet :whistle: I having to start eating healthier,just found out that I have high cholesteral :angry: I may have to try the chicken burgers soon :pinch: ;)
  • Zippylip
    Options
    then you'd want to stay away from these thighs, go with the breasts for lower fat, & the trick is adding the rub, gotta tell you my son doesn't eat anything & he loved these. The sauce is excellent, very thin, not what I was expecting, but you can taste the booze in there & it gives a great flavor, their mustard based is pretty good too, thanks again man, you have broadened my sauce horizons
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Sweet,I'm glad to have you as a guinea pig ;):lol: I will try it soon ;) How did you know that I'm a breast man? :whistle::lol: :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    Options
    same way I knew deep-fry'n-roof-mini possibly could maybe result in a little, tiny, problem.... just perceptive like that :lol:
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    :lol::lol: Glad to hear that you're goin back to work before you hurt yourself :laugh: ;) Next time I get bored,I'll show you XL mini,stovetop mini,and my favorite,nightstand mini :woohoo: :laugh: ;) Let's not forget about bathtub mini or coffee table mini :whistle: :P :)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Very nice and interesting idea. Never would have thought of it.

Why do you season the chicken before grinding?
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Rod, I season it before because I suck at seasoning big piles of ground meat, I never know how much to put in & I never mix it well enough, this way, you can eye the perfect amount & the grinder does all the mixing for you,

Short answer: lazy man's method :) - Did you get my email?
    happy in the hut
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I got an e from you yesterday...you send any others?
  • Zippylip
    Options
    No that was it, just wanted to be sure - have a good weekend
    happy in the hut