Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memphis Style Pork Loin

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
memphis-style-pork-loin.jpg
<p />One of my recent cooks....[p]QBabe
:~)

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Memphis Style Pork Loin? Can you elaborate on just what goes into it . . . or on it?
    Thanks

• QBabe
    Options
    Sundown,[p]The recipe was from a cookbook "Smoke It"...[p]I'm still at work. When I get home, I'll post it. It had both a rub and a sauce recipe. I cooked 'til the Maverick read 140° and it was really tender and juicy.[p]QBabe
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    Sundown:[p]The recipe was from "Smoke It" by Paul Kirk. A 5 lb pork loin took 2 hrs to reach 140° internal at 325° - 350° dome, indirect over a drip pan with some apple cider. I sprinkled it with rub the night before and used the sauce to baste in the last 45 min. Also served with sauce.[p]Memphis Style Pork Loin [p]For the rub:
    2 tbsp sea salt
    1 tbsp light brown sugar
    1 tsp lemon pepper
    1 tsp fine ground black pepper
    1 tsp cayenne
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon[p]To make the rub, combine the salt, sugar lemon pepper, cayenne, chili powder, dry mustard, garlic powder, and cinnamon in a bowl and blend well. [p]For the barbecue sauce:
    2 cups catsup
    1 cup cider vinegar
    1 stick butter
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup yellow mustard
    1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
    1 tsp Tabasco sauce
    3 whole lemons[p]To make the barbecue sauce combine the catsup, vinegar, butter, sugar, mustard, Worchestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and lemons in a saucepan over medium heat. Squeeze the juice out of the lemons into the sauce through a sieve, to remove the seeds and add the pulp and zest to the mixture <I just juiced the lemons and then tossed the halves into the sauce>. Bring to a boil, stirring with a wire whisk. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes <this is when I tossed in the lemon halves>. Remove the lemons before serving.[p]We really liked it...hope you do too.[p]QBabe
    :~)[p]

• Mike McQ
    Options
    QBabe,
    It's cruel to post pictures of such good looking Q when I haven't had dinner yet:)