Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

moinkballs

Options
EGGLANDS BEST
EGGLANDS BEST Posts: 211
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can someone post what all is needed for these i'dlike to try them i have searched the forums but found very little as to how to make the sauce and sstuff thanks in advance

Comments

• Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Put trp1fox in the search box and hit enter.
    I think this will take you to the post that started all this a couple of days ago. It's a real simple recipe that I will be trying when I get stateside again.
    Hope this helped.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    here's what you need:
    premade, frozen italian style beef meatballs
    bacon
    any bbq rub you like
    toothpicks
    any bbq sauce you like

a smoker.

- wrap meatball in bacon.
    - sprinkle with bbq rub.
    - smoke the MOINK balls indirect at 250 to 300 till the bacon is done to your liking.
    - apply bbq sauce and smoke a bit longer to set the sauce.

it's pretty simple and it's made to be simple.

and from the originator of this recipe, if you use anything other than the premade, frozen meatball, it's not a MOINK ball.

don't like the premade, frozen italian stlye beef meatballs? sure go ahead and make something out of ground veal, but that is NOT a MOINK ball. that would be a veal ball wrapped in bacon.

i don't make the rules, people

here's my first attempt:
    click this
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Surely that's not an aluminum bowl you are serving those in!!!!!!!!LOL :P
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    actually, it's an aluminum-based alloy.

click this

i won't make light of the chef's beliefs. she has real reasons to believe what she believes and has taken proactive steps to ease her own mind. being an engineer, i need more solid proof and facts before i draw any conclusions. i will continue to use my aluminum-alloy platters and bowls and aluminum grill toppers and aluminum foil. i also drink more alcohol than i should even though i know i shouldn't. sometimes, the alcohol is in an aluminum can. these are things that i choose to do. i don't however, use teflon lined pans.