Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT...Workshop Visitor

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I came home yesterday evening and entered the side yard to my shop where I was met by this visitor. She was perched on our fence not 15 feet from me.

The girl, along with several deer have moved into the neighborhood over the past month due to the extreme drought conditions that we are experiencing. Two days ago it was announced that the San Antonio area is in the worst 15 month drought period in recorded history. It's more severe that the drought of the 50's that the "oldtimers" speak of. I guess they will have to find something else to compare to, now.

We have only recorded slightly over 16 inches in the past 15 months. It's getting real bad.

Hope all have a good weekend.

Mike

turkeyvisitor001.jpg
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,455
    that would be 325 for how long?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    It seems like only a couple weeks ago you were complaining about all the rain and flooding. Time flys when you get old. -RP
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Can't eat the pets!
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Sure you can......just don't tell the family :>)
    ·
  • dang mike, 'mad max' that turkey!!!
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    Have you thought of putting some water out to help them through this difficult time?
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Yeah, just can't put it out back. Dogs and turkey don't mix. But yes, we discussed that last night, and will do so shortly.
    ·
  • Sounds like dinner has come to visit. Fun picture.

GG
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    What I like about living on the Compound. This is a common occurrence here.

The deer know they are safe on this land and the other critters follow the deer.

Where there is a hen a tom is not far behind!!
    ·
  • Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    We enjoy having the deer and turkeys along with all the critters in our area.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    What a great occurance,although it's shame about the drought conditions! Maybe she was posing to be on one of your extraordinary handles. Take care.
    ·