Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

best prices on the bge

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been looking for quite a while for a kamado cooker as an upgrade to my Weber Kettle and my Aussie gas grills. I am very interested in purchasing a BGE but, alas, none of the local stores are very local. Where is the best place, as far as price and shipping cost, to purchase a BGE? Thank you for your input!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    beermeister1,
    Probably need to let us know where you are located as often times someone here knows the best place to find them.

• beermeister1,
    i live in south central pennsylvania

• beermeister1,
    Best price is @ www.soundcedar.com
    They will match prices as well.
    I was in the market for my first ceramic cooker about 6 months ago, but when it was all said and done, I went with the egg. By no means is the Kamado or Primo grill a poor cooker (stay away from grilldome though), many individuals here have multiple brands, but I couldn't bring myself to getting anything but a BGE.[p]I like the modifications and accessories available for the bge, I like the quality, the fit and finish, but MOST importantly, I like the people and I like the company. After inspecting all of the brands in person, I liked the feel and the craftsmanship of the egg the most.... I also thought it was the best looking, by far.
    -Joel

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    beermeister1,[p]If you can wait until May, drive down to Waldorf, MD for the annual Eggfest.
    You can pick up a large for much less than you would retail. Plus you get to see the bge in action, eat some great food, learn some tips and have the time of your life with a bunch of fun yet warped individuals.
    A win/win situation.[p]WD[p]

• WooDoggies,[p]warped individuals ... where ?[p]StumpBaby

• beermeister1,[p]Depending on how South and how Central you are, if you are more to the east, there is a place in Hockessin, DE, Casual Corner that sells the BGE. That's where I bought mine.[p]Ron