Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothership visit..

Options
ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My family and I are traveling from Illinois to Florida and are currently in Nashville, TN on our way toward Georgia today. The plan is to hit the retail store in Tucker, GA today and I was looking for advice on a good spot for lunch around that area.

Comments

• Eggscaper
    Options
    The Varisty a little out of the way. You could eat at the one in Kennesaw Ga which would be about 1 hr away from the mother ship. It will be exit 269 off I75,turn left, 2nd stop light turn left,go to the 2nd stop light turn right it will be on the right about 1/4 mile.

Happy heartburn

Doug
    Dallas,Ga
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Matthews Cafeteria in Tucker, Ga. It was recently featured on Food Network, Diners Drive in & Dives..

http://www.matthewscafeteria.com/

less than 10 minutes from the Mothership...
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Kim (vidalia1) gave a good suggestion if you're craving southern staples. I myself prefer Shorty's pizza which is only about a mile east of the mothership on Lawrenceville Highway. They have some bizarre toppings on pizzas, but it's all good and the salads look tempting as well. :P

http://shortys-pizza.com/
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nice menu for what sounded like a "pizza joint" i'm manking that breakfast pizza sometime....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    From the mothership, it's a short drive to the Dekalb Farmer's Market... GREAT FOOD and a fun atmosphere. If you're coming in off of I-75, the "Little 5 Points" area of town is just off Freedom Parkway. The Vortex is a great "dive" with great burgers and fries... lots of weird folks to stare are (who don't mind being stared at) and you enter through a GIANT Skull! The kids will love it and it's not out of your way!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Hey I go to the Vortex....weird...oh yeah I guess you may be right... :lol:

it is good food though and not your normal burget joint.... :ohmy:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    The farmers market is fabulous! I have never seen so many varieties of seafood in one place. I would be there everyday if I lived there. -RP
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Thanks for both suggestions but we had to shop and go without haveing any extra time to mess around. Great to visit such a nice showroom!
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Awsome suggestion and I might get to stop by there on the way back north next week. Thanks for the great idea!
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I have to also share that tonight is a cooking class! What luck right!? Not so much, didn't have a night planned to stay in Tucker :S and had to say no can do. Definitly a bummer but oh well.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Aren't you and Mark's family traveling together or was this a side trip for you and your family only? Pick up any goodies at the showroom? COLD back here in IL - have a great time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    We are traveling "together" but this was a side trip for my car. I did get some goodies that I've been eyeing: BGE platter, billy bar, apron..etc. Just lots of goodies. Couldn't stand driveing through Atlanta and not atleast stopping by to check it out. And glad I did ;) .