Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Bone Results and Buy Sweet Corn

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all I would like to say thank you for all of the input. The steak was great and the corn was perfect.[p]When I got home last night, the first thing that I did was to clean the sweet corn and set it to boil. Then I grabbed the half fresh Hen and placed in a pot covered it with water and tossed in a bay leaf, three broken stalks of celery, two whole green onions, two peeled and quartered Kohlrabi and some kosher salt and pepper. I placed it on the back burner. It is for the Italian Wedding soup that will be dinner tonight.[p]I finally pulled out the T-Bones. They were every bit of two inches, if not more, and wonderfully marbled. We are talking about three to four pounds of steak here. One the first I applied Chef Barchary’s Chelsea Blend. On the next, I sprinkled with kosher salt and fresh cracked Tellicary Pepper.[p]I fired up Mr. Big and let him come up to 550. I used the slide top. I really like. If any knows where I can get a slide top for my small BGE, please tell me.[p]I put the steaks on with some Lil’ Devil Cherry Smoking Pellets. I let them cook for five minutes per side and let them rest for eight minutes more. Each time I opened the Egg, I tossed on some more pellets. I pulled them off and cut into the S&P steak for my wife and realized the she would need it cooked some more, so I threw it back on for five minutes more while we ate the corn. [p]I dug into the steak that had the Chelsea Blend. It was delicious. My ten-month-old son was screaming at me because I was not cutting the steak for him fast enough. My other son was happily munching away on the Steak and Corn; he could not get enough either. When I pulled my wife’s steak off of Mr. Big, her and my daughter finished it off in no time flat. My daughter even asked for thirds. I had some of the steak that had the Salt and Pepper that was cooked a little more and it was better than mine, even though both steaks came from the same piece of beef.[p]The flavor of the smoke was not very prevalent. If I had followed NatureBoy’s advice, there would have been a stronger smoke flavor. [p]And now the winner of the night … the fresh sweet corn.[p]This stuff was succulent. Sweet and melt in your mouth tender. The reason that I mention the sweet corn is that this stuff came out of Southern Florida. I have been buying fresh sweet corn for a couple of weeks now and this stuff was perfect. Corn of this quality usually comes around once a year. What I mean is that it is type of sweet corn that one gets from a local grower in heat of the summer and it is perfect. Well that was this quality sweet corn. [p]If you can find the sweet corn from Southern Florida, this is the week to buy it! If I am getting it in Ohio, then many of you should be able to find it as well.[p]Still full,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    RhumAndJerk,[p]You're killing me. Its 11:45am and I was just thinking I need to get some lunch. NOTHING i get will come close to what you described. Thanks for making my mouth water![p]Smokey
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    RhumAndJerk,
    The corn that is coming out of southern Flordia right now is Silver Queen corn, and you are right it is sweet,it also freezes well and will last up to a year in your freezer.
    YB

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    RhumAndJerk, [p]You are making me cry as I've been living on parlor pizza and fast food since last Friday. All of Humpty's friends have moved into their new home and it's time for that bad boy to start thinking about packing his bags. I should be ready to have room for him in a week or two. You seem to be having way too much fun!![p]K~G

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    KennyG,
    What egg? (Ha)
    RhumAndJerk