Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bottom round roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
need recipe for bottom round roast

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Todd,
    I'm assuming it's about a 5# roast. Not exactly Prime Rib, but it certainly can be good.[p]I season with my normal steak seasonings....use whatever you would normally use. My choice is Garlic Pepper and Lawrey Salt. Simple, but it works.[p]I heated Mr. Egg up, and allowed the dome to fully warm. Then I brought the fire up to sear the roast. After searing the roast, I put the roast on indirect over a drip pan (loaded w/Marsala wine or red wine, onions, garlic, mushrooms, hot peppers, herbs and spices) I allowed the dome temp to drop to 250 and cooked it @ 250 to an internal temp of 140-145 depending upon how red or pink you like it. This is about a 2.5 to 3 hr process. I don't go wild with the smoke, I like the taste of the beef, rather than "smoke."[p]Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before carving and it should "work." The "drippings" can be cooked down on the stove and used for anything...gravy, au jus, BBQ sauce, dips (cream cheese +??) whatever comes to mind.[p]Good luck![p]Mike in MN

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Todd,
    My post on this scrolled off the forum, but as I remember, I had a 3.5 pound roast. I coated it liberally with Dizzy Pig Steak Rub, wrapped in saran wrap and let it sit for about 4 hours. I then just roasted it at 350 for about 1.5 hours until the insides got to 125. Let is rest about 10 minutes and sliced. It was a nice medium rare inside. I smoked the living daylights out of it with hickory and it came out great.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Too raw.