Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

bottom round roast

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
need recipe for bottom round roast

Comments

• Todd,
    I'm assuming it's about a 5# roast. Not exactly Prime Rib, but it certainly can be good.[p]I season with my normal steak seasonings....use whatever you would normally use. My choice is Garlic Pepper and Lawrey Salt. Simple, but it works.[p]I heated Mr. Egg up, and allowed the dome to fully warm. Then I brought the fire up to sear the roast. After searing the roast, I put the roast on indirect over a drip pan (loaded w/Marsala wine or red wine, onions, garlic, mushrooms, hot peppers, herbs and spices) I allowed the dome temp to drop to 250 and cooked it @ 250 to an internal temp of 140-145 depending upon how red or pink you like it. This is about a 2.5 to 3 hr process. I don't go wild with the smoke, I like the taste of the beef, rather than "smoke."[p]Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before carving and it should "work." The "drippings" can be cooked down on the stove and used for anything...gravy, au jus, BBQ sauce, dips (cream cheese +??) whatever comes to mind.[p]Good luck![p]Mike in MN

• Todd,
    My post on this scrolled off the forum, but as I remember, I had a 3.5 pound roast. I coated it liberally with Dizzy Pig Steak Rub, wrapped in saran wrap and let it sit for about 4 hours. I then just roasted it at 350 for about 1.5 hours until the insides got to 125. Let is rest about 10 minutes and sliced. It was a nice medium rare inside. I smoked the living daylights out of it with hickory and it came out great.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz