Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Roast Question

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all!!: just took out of the freezer for Sunday's cook, a 2.75lb "Beef Round Eye of Round Roast (boneless),....couldn't find any good recipes in my Eggfiles, nor any good hints on how to cook it.
Any ideas on recipes, prep, cook time/temp/setup, etc.? I'm thinking pretty low and slow, but with under 3lbs. this should go pretty quickly even in the lower temp ranges indirect. What say ye, Eggmeisters???? Thanks in advance,
Big Murth in New Mexico

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]I did a smaller eye of round earlier in the week. I poured a little worcestershire sauce over it then rubbed it down with steak rub, (salt a pepper will do if you don't have the rub). I then let it sit in the fridge for about 1hr. I seared all sides at a high temp for about a minute on each side, I then removed the beef and let it rest for 20 minutes. By this time I got the temp. of the egg to 375 and returned the roast to cook indirect until it reached about 155. I removed the roast and covered it with tin foil for 5 min. to rest before it was sliced.[p]This procedure was a combination of differant ideas and recipes I've read on this forum. Searing and higher temp. is the key to cooking leaner cuts of meat. I am not sure what the 20 minute rest does to the meat, but I've used this method a few times with steak and beef and the meat just turns out juicier.[p]Good Luck[p]RayS[p][p]
  • Big Murth
    Options
    RayS,
    Yo, Big Ray....what kind of time (and what poundage did you cook) was involved in your cook?? Let me know here or at my emailer box. Gracias amigo.
    Big Murth

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]The roast was about 1 1/2 #. It took about 1 hr. get to temp.[p]RayS