Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEYOND MAD MAX TURKEY

Options
NJ-Professor
NJ-Professor Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The amount of nakedwhiz hits and forum accolades validates my experience/testimony that Mad Max T-day Turkey is a success and justifiably a classic.
Since I'm brand new to the egg world.....what other SURE-FIRE BGE recipes deserve similar status.
Your help most appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    we hope that the bubbacake will one day share a similar status, however, more research & development is needed and ongoing at this time :laugh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    I would suggest trying AZRP's "The Chicken" recipe that can be found on NW site.
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Shtrarker,

Just about all of the recipes on thirdeye's "playing with fire and smoke" site:

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/

deserve an equal status, in my opinion. I've never gone wrong following suggestions made on that site. If you're looking for a particularly interesting and rewarding thing to try, read his page on Buckboard Bacon. I may never buy packaged bacon again. In fact, I like it so much, I am going to make several 2 or 3 pounders for Christmas presents.
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Without question the TRex steak is on the list
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Another great and easy one by AZRP

I\'ve made these at several fests now and am always asked, what did you put on these? Here it is. -RP
    Ingredients: 1 lb 15 ct shrimp, peeled to the last section leaving the tail for a handle, butterflied • 2 Clove Garlic, minced • 1 tsp Kosher salt • 1 tsp Paprika • ½ tsp Cayenne pepper • 2 tsp Lemon juice • 2 Tbs Olive oil
    Instructions: These shrimp are really killer. The recipe comes from a Mark Bittman cook book, and about the only thing you can do wrong with it is to over cook the shrimp, or try to use ones that are too small and they fall through the grid. I use the frozen U-15 ones from Sam\'s club. Take 1 tsp of kosher salt and 2 garlic cloves(minced) and mash them into a paste with the side of your knife or a mortar and pestal(easier). Add to that paste 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 Tbs olive oil. Thaw and peel the shrimp, all but the tail section, for a handle. Butterfly them by cutting down the back halfway through the shrimp. If they have a vein remove it now. Mix the shrimp with the marinade until well coated, then grill direct. Go about 2 minutes on the first side at about 400 dome, when they start to curl up, flip them and watch until they curl fairly tight and remove immediately. Some of them won\'t curl tight but you can pretty much tell when they are done, don\'t overcook! Let them rest for a few minutes and enjoy. -RP
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    SSN686 shrimp burgers, WessB,sliders are classic. Bunch of different variations on chili. Who first did ABT'S?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'll second that commotion!! .. .once you've bought a 2 inch ny strip and t-rexed it properly, you'll never eat a steak in a restaurant again!! .. i haven't eaten a steak in a restaurant in 6 years now. .. . even if i'm in a high end restaurant, i'll order something that i won't normally eat at home (like rack of lamb or lobster) ... .
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Friends that were in Maine flew two lobsters to us, live packed in seaweed and a little dry ice. After cooking fresh lobsters in a stock I made myself, I'm ruined for that in restaurants, too. :S