Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First brisket success

Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first brisket was a 10.8 lb'er and was a complete success. It was put on last night at about 11 and finished this evening at about 1. No injectons or marinade, just rubbed with JH Pecan Rub and threw it on. Held 250 degrees for the entire cook. Wrapped with foil @ 165 and pulled at 195. Thanks to Celtic Wolf for all the tips. It was very juicy when I took it out of the foil after resting for an hour. After about 10 minutes it started drying out. We dipped in Blues Hog and it was awesome. I had to immediately get on the net and order my father in law some Blues Hog. Right now I have two chickens on that I halved. Cant wait. They'll be done in about 20 minutes.

IMG_4746.jpg
IMG_4748.jpg
IMG_4750.jpg
·

Comments

• Man, that brisket came out nice!
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Mighty fine looking brisket and those chickens don't look to shabby either. I've been thinking pork butt for some time now. I think it is about time to do another butt too.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Brisket an't easy to do! :whistle: Looks like you did a great job!
    ·
  • gthomgthom Posts: 36
    looks good. next time, if you want a more tender bite, slice it perpendicular to the grain. on most briskets, that means slicing it at a little bit of an angle.
    ·