Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

brining

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know there was a lot of back and forth about brining a turkey that already had an 8% solution injected in it. I think some of the concern was that there would be too much of a salty taste if the bird was brined on top of this. The night before Thanksgiving, I was channel surfing and Emril was on Martha Stewart's show (I want to make it clear again, I was channel surfing) and he addressed this issue. According to him, you want to pull that injected solution out of the bird, and brining will accomplish that. He was pretty big on the whole brining process. Thought that was interesting in case y'all will be doing a turkey again for Christmas.

Comments