Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freeze Marinate Experiment - Chapter 3: Chicken

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked up a batch of my Inspiration Chicken recipe that was frozen in the marinade. Overall, I am less than pleased with the results. The texture was okay, but different, and less juicy than usual. The marinade flavor was a bit too srong throughout the meat. I still have one more bag in the freezer, so I'll give it one more shot....but for now, it appears that beef and pork do much better with the freeze-marinade technique.[p]Cat's frozen-vacuum-marinated babybacks are in their thrid hour of cooking now. Trying them indirect starting at 200, and slowly working up toward 300. Started off with some apple wood chips. Tim M is on his way with a load of beans. We are in for a hearty lunch.[p]Have a gret day.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]The load of beans was a bust - I should remember to remove from oven early when I am going to drive tham around for 2 hours. The ribs were perfect. Really pulled clean from the bone. Nature Boy even had some really good BBQ sauce to dip them in. Yea!! [p]Here is NB and his Cat Styled ribs[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    nb.jpg
    <p />Tim M,[p]Yea, I forgot the picture. Thanks again Chris!! Great ribs.[p]Tim
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Tim M,
    Im a gonna shove much sausage and beer down ur throat at E2K...gotta get some matter around that waiste line so in the future u can look like a "real" BBQer:)

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Careful with that sausage! Man, I don't need no more weight on me! Purtnear 200 now, and should be 180. [p]I won't be holding back on eggfest day though, and look forward to sampling your brews, and Q...and meeting your wacky self! [p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    that raises a question that i was meaning to ask you. Being that U have been Eggin' for sometime now..at least 2 times a day(not including taking Egged food with u in the wilderness)...how much weight have u gained..if any?
    ST

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I got my egg in July, and egg 5 to 7 times a week. I made it thru October without gaining a pound, but have pasted on 25 pounds over the winter![p]Still blaming it on the winter. Although Humpty is definitely a culprit. We'll see what happens this spring. I have to get in shape for a 2 week backpacking trip in the alpine country of Idaho.[p]Are you and Cornfed moving up a few pants sizes too??[p]Later
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    well, I wont speak for Cornfed, but I always put on weight every year....but then loose some pounds. Im just on that tilt-o-whirl on the south beach drag on the jersey shore in so many ways. What can I say...i enjoy to the fullest, then come to reality.
    ST

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I will speak for Cornfed (since I am Cornfed). I'll just say that I should think of changing my handle to Overfed...and leave it at that.