Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken nightmare

Ric McNRic McN Posts: 8
edited 1:54PM in EggHead Forum
One of those days. Did two chickens using the firebrick method and they came out great. Did that back in Nov. when I got my egg. Decided today to use the wirestand for one chicken. Chicken on BGE at 11:30. Wife made potatoe salad. 1:00 rolled around chicken not done. 2:00. then 2:30. I couldn't understand it, polder read about 160 but manual read about 175deg. Took it off and cut it. I had it on pizza pan trying to cut it. Cut off a leg and it needed cooking more. Started cutting more. Then the leg fell off the pizza pan into soapy dish water. When I went to grab that, knocked entire chicken in. My 13 year old daughter was laughing profusely. Washed it off best as I could and back on the BGE. Tasted it later and yep, tasted like soap.. Threw it all in trash. When wife got home she asked "that was not a hen was it" I said yes. She said that was the problem. Wound up going to Dairy Queen. Win some and lose some I suppose. Bought a bottle of wine on the way home, so things will get better. :)
·

Comments

• GloriaGloria Posts: 161
    Ric McN,
    Funny, funny, funny. Some days are diamonds, some are just plain ol' rocks. Your 13 year old daughter must have a great sense of humor. Better luck next time!!!

·