Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP!!

Options
eggheadj
eggheadj Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to smoking the turkey on the egg. What is the cook time per pound if I am smoking at 200. Should I smoke at a higher temp?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    If you set the dome to 200 you will find it difficult to keep that temp and it will take forever to reach 185 in thighs.

Bump it up to 250 if you want to low and slow the turkey. You are looking at 30+ minutes per pound. Do not stuff the bird at this temp.

Bump it to 325 you are looking at 15 minutes per pound if not stuff 20-25 is stuffed.
  • thillin
    Options
    I cooked a bone in breast at 350 and the skin was great and meat was moist. I like the higher heat on poultry.
  • eggheadj
    Options
    Thank you so much.. Have a Wonderfull Thanks Giving Day. Look forward to chatting with everyone. I will post some progress pics as I go. Once again thank you.