Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best temp for pizza?

Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

First try on pizza. What is the best temp for the old stone?

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Kip,
    I use a plate setter and pizza stone and a temperature of 600¡ for 12-13 minutes on my pizzas, which are home grown. If you are cooking a frozen pizza like a Frachettas or DiGiornos, keep it around 450-500¡ and keep an eye on the pizza. It has been so long since I did one of those frozen pizzas I forgot how long I cooked them.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Pizza_06_21_0018_27_03.jpg
    <p />Kip, this may help, then again, maybe not...

[ul][li]Pizza[/ul]
  • Kip,
    It depends on what kind of pizza you are doing. A lot of folks who have made their own dough using Spin's recipe cook at 650. I buy unbaked pies from a local pizza joint and 550 is perfect for them. Freezer pizza like DiGiorno did best for me at the temperature on the box: 450. Here is a link to my pizza hints page:[p]TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Pizza Hints Page[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Kip,
    The temp to cook your pizza is a personal thing. I for oe have trouble stabilizing the egg much past 475. I therefore, cook my pizza's at 475-490 (whatever is the highest temp I can stabilize at).[p]It will take a few "spinners" to figure it out.. (a spinner is a pizza that was ruined in the learning curve).[p]Banker John