Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Building a platform for my grill

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,
I will be receiving my grill soon so I need to prepare a place for it. I have a patio cover that is about 10 feet high, so I don't feel comfortable using the grill under it. Therefore, I am considering building some kind of platform in my backyard to sit the grill on. Do any of you have any ideas? I saw a website where someone made a platform (http://www.zenreich.com/zenweb/images/kbase5.jpg), but I thought I'd try to get some other ideas first before trying to do this.[p]Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    Anthony Wheeler,[p]I have my egg under a patio(about 10 feet in height) and have no problems whatsoever.[p]This is not a "normal" bar-b-que grill. [p]Try it out first before spending $$$ on a platform[p]Later[p]Cajun
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Anthony Wheeler,
    I agree with cajun. As long as you have good ventilation from the sides you should not have to worry about smoke or heat. The biggest worry you will have is neighbors wanting to visit more often. Welcome aboard.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 126
    Options
    I agree with this advice. I have seen pictures of people who use the egg on a screened porch.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Anthony Wheeler,
    I've got my egg in a table built according to plans on the BGE website and it sits on my patio under a patio cover. No problems whatsoever. Only thing, I am noticing there's some slight smoke discoloration. May have to borrow a pressure washer and clean it off. So, no need to build a separate platform. Plus, having it under the patio cover let's you cook in pouring rain without getting wet!
    Welcome!