Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast Basics??

Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this time of year, this is asked a million times. We are greatful to Mad Max, Naked Whiz and countless others for helping! My mom wants me to cook her 3 turkey breast. I need to know the temp to cook at, how long and if I need to do indirect. I have a platesetter. Do I need a drip pan like when I do a butt? Thanks for all the help!!!!

Comments

• Follow the MM recipe and you should be good to go. I did one last weekend and it went 2.75 hours at 350 dome.
  • Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Where is Mad Max's recipe for Turkey Breast? I am going to cook up Breasts this year in my egg versus a full turkey.
  • there isn't a specific MM recipe for turkey breast per se. .. but you can follow the overall methodology on a bone-in turkey breast with great results.. . . simply skip the icing part (as you don't have to worry about matching up temps with thighs) you can use a v-rack to hold the turkey breast in the roasting pan and still stick a halved onion and apple under the breast cavity.. ..still do the butter paste and wine application and baste. .. .you won't have a lot of drippings, but you will have some gravy. .. you also wont' have the neck and giblets to make stock, but you can allieviate that by taking some canned/boxed chicken stock and enhance it by putting it in a stock pot with a halved onion, some carrots and celery and herbs. ...then follow the gravy making instructions with whatever drippings you do have in the roasting pan. .. . it will still be excellent. ..i did one just last weekend with great results. ..
  • Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Awesome Mad Max! Thank you for getting back to me. You are quite the popular fellow. Take care!

Peggy B)