Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Talking Remote Thermometer

Options
nikkig
nikkig Posts: 514
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried the talking remote thermometer from Brookstone? I would like to know if you can set your own temperature, and if it has high and low settings. [p]~nikki
[ul][li]Talking Thermometer[/ul]

Comments

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Options
    nikkig,
    I got this thermometer for Christmas (actually I got 2). Although it's kind of fun to use, it's not very flexible. You can't input temperature setpoints directly - rather, you select the meat type and degree of doneness desired. It worked great for the Christmas turkey and New Years beef roast - but I wish it were more flexible and had more features like low and high temps.
    The talking feature was kind of funny and provided a bit of entertainment.
    Janet

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Janet,
    I got one for Christmas, too. Boy was I surprised as I worked alone in the kitchen on Christmas day to hear a rather seductive-sounding female voice announcing first that my turkey was almost done, and later that my turkey was done (when the internal temp registered 170). I speculated that if I ignored her that her voice would become increasingly shrill..."PUT DOWN THAT BEER AND GET THAT BIRD OFF THE GRILL...NOW!" Just a thought. [p]I share your opinion re: temp settings, but it does work very well and I'll continue using it. That voice is too funny!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Options
    nikkig, on a similar note, I received a Homer Simpson talking beer bottle opener. It's hilarious.