Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TURKEY VIDEO IS LIVE!

SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks. Well .... for those of you who emailed and called me etc. etc. asking about me making a Turkey Roasting Video ...I took yesterday for cooking and filming and today for editing and just got it done and posted! So the finished video is on the homepage of my website (fredsmusicandbbq.com) If you would like me to post or send a link, request it otherwise, please just surf over there ... I hope you enjoy it. The turkey, by the way got really great, though my taste buds were heavily influenced by all the Yuengling I basted it (and myself!) with while it cooked.
TURKEYPOSTERWFRED.jpg
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• awe, you got me all excited, i thought it was gonna be the mad max version. .. . still a great video though fred!!. ...good work. .. . now i still can't wait for the mad max video!!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Don't hold your breath, Max! Not only did he steal your recipe in the past without giving you credit....now, he's stealing your method after seeing how it's done! This guy's marketing practices leave a lot to be desired!!
  • sorry john, spent a whole day with fred two weeks ago . ..he's a good guy, and he gave me proper attribution on his web site. ....get to know him before you criticize him. ...we've made our peace and he will get me the mad max video in good time. ...
  • egret
  • Max ... I do have that video footage we shot here on my desktop but I am pretty sure we discussed that you didn't want me to do anything with it ... I am correct on that am I? Perhaps you can fill the others in ...if you want me to edit it and post it somewhere , you know I'm here for you bro. Some if is pretty funny and the gravy making part would make a real good video ...

Also, John, I've heard you are a pretty smart guy...don't you think you should know the facts before you try to besmerch someone's reputation? You should think about it because you are dead wrong in everything you've said about me (especially the part about me being "illegimate" ..my mom is still peeved at you for that comment by the way) and frankly, you owe me a HUGE apology.

I am signing off now so I don't have to look at your rude, meanspirited replys and comments. I'm amazed that with all the good will and comaradarie that goes on on this forum that you can still be so nasty for absolutely no reason. See ya.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • egret
    Sorry about your mom, Freddie! I'm sure you're legitimate as far as birthrites go. It's your sleazy marketing practices that appall me! You know very well how you tried to hijack this forum for your own personal gain by asking questions using some unknown handle. The questions being, among others, "does anyone know where a BGE can be bought over the internet" and, as sleazy as it gets, you even answered your own posts with another made-up handle giving your web site as "The Place"! I'm sure you're a nice enough fellow on a personal level, however, your scruples and credibility are despicable at best. You are marketing BGE products over the internet contrary to BGE policy and you have no conscious about it!
    And, in some sort of "kiss my a$$" attitude, you continue to get your web site displayed on every post of yours, in your photos and in this latest "turkey" post. That is really sleazy!!
    I do know the facts, buddy boy.........I'm "dead wrong" in everything I said about you.....Ha, I'm dead right and you know it, boy!
    There is a lot of good comradarie and fellowship that goes on here....you sure as the hell ain't part of it!
  • newegg
    newegg Posts: 78
    This posting has bothered me. I thought that there were good people on this site. Everyone has a right to sell their products. I think that Fred's site is awesome. I have enjoyed MadMax also. Let's stop being petty and try and get along. There is no need to slime another's name. I attended the Eggtoberfest and was so impressed by the love and sharing that I saw. Please for those of us that are Neweggers, do not try and destroy anyone reputation. When you sling mud you can't help but get dirty hands. :ermm: Blessings today and always, Rosie
  • Thanks I enjoyed the video!
  • Thanks Fred for the great video, web site, and service. I think that Fred's is a super place to support the Egg community; whatever you need, it's in stock and shipped out quick.

I have no affiliation to Fred's, only an appreciation.
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer wrote:
    Hi Folks. Well .... for those of you who emailed and called me etc. etc. asking about me making a Turkey Roasting Video ...I took yesterday for cooking and filming and today for editing and just got it done and posted! So the finished video is on the homepage of my website (fredsmusicandbbq.com) If you would like me to post or send a link, request it otherwise, please just surf over there ... I hope you enjoy it. The turkey, by the way got really great, though my taste buds were heavily influenced by all the Yuengling I basted it (and myself!) with while it cooked.
    TURKEYPOSTERWFRED.jpg