Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big thank you to Wicked Good Lump

Vincent Chase
Vincent Chase Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There aren't any local storefronts that sell the WGL, but one of their distribution centers was less than five minutes away from me in CT.

I e-mailed them, and inquired about their damaged pallet sale, but told them I was interested in only a couple bags. Lee from WGL was more than accomodating, and we shared a few really nice e-mails and a nice conversation on the phone earlier.

I know she's busy, but she went out of her way for a sale of only $31.00. She seems really into BBQ, and said she frequents this forum, so I just wanted to share with you all how great she was, and although I've never used this charcoal before, I'm already a big fan because of the stand-up service I received.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Trust me I can vouch for the fact that her and Larry frequent this forum. Besides the Lump being great they are great problem solvers.

*waving at Lee and Larry*
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Nicest folks I've run into for a long while. Except for that odd little thing Lee does with the wildlife in the neighborhood. And, do they have a wildlife! ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    THey are great to do business with. We did a pallet this summer and they answered all my stupid questions :) and was still nice after the sale to make sure everything was all OK. We will be getting more in the spring!
  • Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    Wicked Good Lump is my personal favorite. It's more expensive then others but totally worth it in my opinion. Luckily there is a True Value close to me that sells it and I get it all the time.

Never had a bad bag, which is one thing I can't say about any other brand lump. Alawys good size pieces, no junk in the bags, burns long, pleasant smell, no fireworks...
  • Lee and Larry are top shelf! Larry even explained to me what kind of tug boat I saw in Wilmington, LOL! And I have seen how they have agonized over trying to make customers happy under difficult circumstances. They should be nominated for that there BBQ Hall of Fame thing...
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sundown
    Julie,

How long a drive is it for you from the island to Wicked Good in Waterboro? I've got an idea.
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Love the stuff. Just got my first bag (as a gift) and I will be going to find more.

The place near me closes at 4:30 during the week so I'm having trouble getting over there.

Most of the big box stores and supermarkets stop selling the stuff around here in September? Just because it gets cold apparently they think no one uses their grills.
  • Sundown
    Kirley Masonry in Mansfield has WG and is open 1/2 day Saturdays always has a supply.