Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Ribz n Beanz

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hadda couple racks of baby backs and some country style ribs so decided to cook them up with a pot of beans.. the bb's I rubbed one rack in DP Redeye and on in DP Raging River..the country style I rubbed with JH Hot Pecan...sauced the bb's with Blues Hog and the country style with a homemade version of Dinosaur BBQ 'Mutha Sauce'...all turned out pretty good and only had enough leftovers for a snack one night this week....
111608RibznBeanz002.jpg
111608RibznBeanz.jpg

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Options
    Man am I hungry now. Those beans look great
  • BigBlueEgg
    Options
    Those beans look killer. What recipe did you use?
  • East Bay Al
    Options
    Ribs all look good. How did you do the beans?
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Tucky:

It looks like you got a new camera. What kind is it?
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Tom..
    nah..not yet..hopin 'santa' will bring me a new nikon.. it's the old one..sometimes I can get the lens to stay straight and focus on the old one...sometimes not :blink: :S :pinch:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Didnt really use a recipe..but I started with something similar to this...
    DUTCH'S WICKED BAKED BEANS
    (Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)

6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
    1/2 Medium onion, diced
    1/2 Bell pepper, diced
    1 - 2 Jalapeño Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
    1 - 55 ounce can Bush’s Baked Beans
    1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
    1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
    1 Cup ketchup
    1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard

Sauté bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Sauté onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper until tender.

In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)

Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 – 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.

NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.

DISCLAIMER

With the Jalapeño pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.

To make this recipe Family Friendly, omit the Jalapeño pepper and the dry mustard.

Then I just go from there and add/takeaway things I think will make them better...