Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast iron D.O. and Pan

BigBlueEggBigBlueEgg Posts: 43
edited 9:56PM in EggHead Forum
Just picked up a new 12" Lodge D.O. and fry pan to add to the Egg Tool Collection.

Looking for some recommendations on cooks for both. Any links or recipes worth giving a shot?

• There are tons of cooks to do.

Stu's, Soup's, Pot Roast, Chili, Cake, Breads, Baked Chicken and the list goes on.

Think about picking up a spider from tjv it works well with the DO.

Here is a link to the Post Roast I do followed by some pictures.

If you want some recipes email me with your email address and I will send you some recipes I have picked up from previous posts.

Also, don't forget to look at the recipe section of the forum here.

You will love the Dutch Oven,

• fingerling taters sauteed in duckfat and rosemary

mushrooms in butter and olive oil

pot roast/ boeff burgeioneoine [no i don't speak french and am not going to learn,,

which i made on the egg last week and was a jerk and did not take pics ,, the left over broth has been added to tonights pot roast ,, pics later

pullled beef ala [there is that darn french again] clay q in the bge recipe section.. it is an asked for cook here [i leave out the maple syrup though]
  • You can cook anything in that DO that you cook in a regular oven. The DO IS the oven. Same with the skillet, just let your imagination go!