Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reflecting on my first BGE EggFest, Tempe AZ

Wanabe
Wanabe Posts: 355
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first experience with an EggFest is in the record books. Although I didn’t cook, I met a bunch of great people. I decided that since this was Scott’s first event I would be there for him and Bekke as their “Go to Guy”. The food from every participant was exceptional. The location was perfect and the weather was typical desert southwest.

Claudia and I have been involved in the planning and execution of many large events in the past and I have to tell you I was a little concerned when I found out the stars of the show - the “BGE’S” - had not arrived by Friday at noon. We were relieved when the truck pulled up and we could start the building process. Since we had to move the Eggs to the location the next day we decided to leave them in the boxes and complete final assembly on site. Scott, Bekke, Natalie, Allen and I worked tirelessly until about 10PM on Friday night. Saturday morning with the help of the previous day’s crew along with Claudia - my wife, Rebecca - Scott’s sister and her husband Quentin and Jason - a friend of Scotts, we marched on to Tempe Park. We were unloading when some of the participants showed up. With their help, we had the 20+ Eggs in place and smoking by 10AM.

I have to take my hat off to Scott and Bekke for an amazing job given the short lead-time and the Eggs showing up the “Day Before”! Next year we will have corrected our mistakes and be ready for an even better event. Now a few pictures from the 1st annual Tempe Big Green Egg Fest.

Scott and Bekke

theworkbegins.jpg

Bekke and Wanabe making nests

buildingnests.jpg

AZRP and Family

azrpandgang.jpg

My wife Claudia and a new BGE owner

claudiawithnewowners.jpg

Allen a friend of Scott and Bekkes

allen.jpg

Monica A.K.A MollyShark doing her Egg best

mollyshark.jpg

LoveHandles and a friend's wife, still need a name!

lovetakesabreak.jpg

AZScott and weiners

scott.jpg

Jeff Cromer doing the rib thing. He also helped in the morning setup

ribsandabts.jpg

Last but not least, Scott's Mom, Dad and Grandpa help with registration

momandpop.jpg

Comments