Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco pork loin hiding in the fridge...

BigT
BigT Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought it as a backup if my first brisket was inedible (it wasn't).

It looks like intact Swift cryovac, and the Costco label sez pack date 10-27-08 and sell by 11-03-08.

Thoughts? Hate to think I let an eight lb loin go bad...

TIA
Big T

Comments

• Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    I say cook it up. I just pulled a turkey out of the freezer to do a test run before T-Day, and the tag is gone. No clue how long it's been there but I'm gonna give it a shot. Good luck. FG
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Thanks- how long does it takes to thaw whole turkeys? I'm lucky enough that Publix has fresh.
  • Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    I was back and forth with the wife last night about that. She wanted to leave it out on the counter until it was completelt thawed and I wanted to thaw it in the fridge. We compromised and left it on the counter for about four hours then into the cold box. It was on it's way. My guess would be that by the end of today or sometime tomorrow it should be done. I figure if it's still a little chilled I'll finish it in the sink wth cool water. This will only be my second turkey ever, first on the Egg. FG
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    It will thaw faster and safer if you place it in cold water in the frig.