Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE "Extender"????

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there such a thing as BGE "Extender" which appears to be a smaller grid supported by some metal stand that sits on the main grate? I've seen some of you use them; smoking butts atop a brisket for example. (Chuck - was this you?) I can't find such a thing on the website and was wondering where I can get ahold of one. Thank you!

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Colorado Jim,
    Click on the "what's new" icon above the forum page.
    Bob

[ul][li]grid extender[/ul]
  • hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 126
    Options
    For what it's worth, the thing is not very useful to me. I have one, and I am much more likely to use an extra weber grill that is full sized balanced on top of a couple fire bricks. I got it hoping it would be useful especially with stuff like wings. But it is hard to get to anything on the bottom level and the top level is too small. Is one of those looks like an excellent idea, nobody uses it kind of appliances at my house.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Colorado Jim,
    I ordered mine from Pacific Mercantile in Sakura Square (Denver). Got to agree with hounddog, though. I used mine last weekend, the second time in 8 or 9 months.
    Ken

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Colorado Jim,
    Yeah, I don't use mine much either. I have a Medium, though and the clearance in the dome is less. I use it when I want to do something direct, but raise it from the coals a bit more. Works great for that.