Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Chops

BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
edited 1:02PM in EggHead Forum
Have some 1" pork chops that I want to do for dinner about 6 pm. It is noon now. Thought about some "Dizzy Pig" and olive oil and maybe some lemon juice??? How about some more suggestions? Thanks. Ray
·

Comments

• SSDawgSSDawg Posts: 69
    Babyray,[p]Brine those puppies. I rarely cook pork chops that haven't been. You can get very noticeable results with as little as 1 hour brining time, but longer is better. I use a mixture of salt, pepper, cloves, and cinnamon, but you can omit the last 2 if you'd like.
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Babyray, next time try a marinate of 3 parts Jack Daniels, 1 part soy and 1 part Worchester sauce - marinate for at least (very minimum) 1 hour - you'll like the results - very tender pork! Ran across it making Sweet-N-Sour pork![p]Good luck![p]GFw[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
    ·
  • ZekeZeke Posts: 90
    Gfw. I'm going to try some of that this weekend. Sounds great to me. [p]
    ·