Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to do 4 lbs. (2 slabs) of baby backs tomorrow. I was wondering if someone could give me a little guidance here and let me know what temp and how long? Thanks for all the post you all put here..I am learning a lot being the newbie I am!

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MRibs_06_09_0017_13_02_small.jpg
    <p />Wirefire, check out the link - still my favorite method. When you get to the link, the rib rub recipe is on the top left, the cooking method is on the top right.[p]Life is GOOD :~}[p]
    [ul][li]Memphis Style Ribs[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    babybacks03.jpg
    <p />Wirefire,
    I like to cook at the 225 degree range for 4-5 hours then baste for another 1/2 hour.
    Always indirect, I lather up with mustard then rub. Did you remove the membrane? Some says it helps others say no.[p]Good luck,
    CWM

• Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    Options
    Gfw,
    Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience, methods, techniques and especially the Gfw BBQ sauce recipe. It's the only one I use. Everyone that's sampled my ribs comments about the sauce and how tasty it is. I gave a friend at work two of my ribs (3/1/1.5) and he gave me 20 bucks!!! Said they were the best he's ever had and to bring some more! All the Best

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Wirefire,[p]I've tried several different techniques -- GfW's is the best, I think. The foil trick makes them tender. GfW's way is a little more work, but it is worth it and it is nearly foolproof.
  • Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    what kind of apparatus you got under them slabbies?? does this pic represent your normal modus operandi?

• Gfw,
    Do you only have coal on each side of the drip pan witch is insulated by the bricks? Or is the coal under the pan,
    I'm almost sure it's only to the side but want to make sure.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    babybacks01.jpg
    <p />Porkchop, There is a drip pan underneath, I have the ribs in a rib rack and then last hour move to this and then baste.[p]CWM
    Here is how I start.