Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

woosday rememberance

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 12:52PM in EggHead Forum
arlington national cemetary

610x1.jpg
·

Comments

• RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    Amen Bill. Two years ago I attended the funeral of my Uncle at Arlington Cemetery who had served as a meteorologist in WWII. On the one hand it is depressing to see the number of funerals they are managing on a daily basis (most of whom are WWII veterans). On the other hand, the army handled the entire ceremony with great dignity, and the chaplain was an impressive individual who took great pride and ownership of his duty.

Roudy
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Every man woman and child in this nation should visit The Wall and Arlington.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

Ronald Reagan
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Humbling shot, bill. We thank them for their sacrifices, and count our blessings for being able to come home to appreciate what we have, and what we fought for.

SSBN 656 USS G.W. Carver (Blue)
    SSBN 734 USS Tennessess (Gold)

I pray that their families and friends can find peace.
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Sort of pretty much sums it all up bill. Great pic for even greater people both those who have gone and those still hear.

middlemay.jpg
    ·
  • Thanks for all you've done, vets

778514888_35da90a62f.jpg
    ·
  • Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    My brother passed away last year and is buried in Arlington Cemetery. He was a Marine and was wounded on Guam.
    They are all slowly leaving us.
    ·