Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

woosday rememberance

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
arlington national cemetary

610x1.jpg

Comments

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Amen Bill. Two years ago I attended the funeral of my Uncle at Arlington Cemetery who had served as a meteorologist in WWII. On the one hand it is depressing to see the number of funerals they are managing on a daily basis (most of whom are WWII veterans). On the other hand, the army handled the entire ceremony with great dignity, and the chaplain was an impressive individual who took great pride and ownership of his duty.

Roudy
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Every man woman and child in this nation should visit The Wall and Arlington.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

Ronald Reagan
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Humbling shot, bill. We thank them for their sacrifices, and count our blessings for being able to come home to appreciate what we have, and what we fought for.

SSBN 656 USS G.W. Carver (Blue)
    SSBN 734 USS Tennessess (Gold)

I pray that their families and friends can find peace.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Sort of pretty much sums it all up bill. Great pic for even greater people both those who have gone and those still hear.

middlemay.jpg
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Thanks for all you've done, vets

778514888_35da90a62f.jpg
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    My brother passed away last year and is buried in Arlington Cemetery. He was a Marine and was wounded on Guam.
    They are all slowly leaving us.