Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I Keep My Rotisserie?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I watched the infomercials and just bought a George Foreman rotisserie. There isn’t anything wrong with the rotisserie . . . it is well made, fascinating to watch and easy to clean. [p]However, it just isn’t a Big Green Egg. I was reflecting on my Egg as I ate my rotisserie meal.[p]Tonight I was going to give it another chance with chicken wings. I remembered previous meals with JJ's rub on wings cooked in the Egg. Couldn't bring myself to start the rotisserie spinning. [p]I am thinking about returning the rotisserie. Is there any benefit that I am missing about a rotisserie that I would lose just cooking all my meat on an Egg? Maybe if I was a gas grill owner . . . it would be fantastic but things come out so juicy on an egg.[p]After one rotisserie meal I guess I am in Egg withdrawl.
[/b]

Comments

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Betty,
    Take the Geo. Forman thingy back! We always cooked our beef on the rotisserie, as well as lamb. I have one of those nice ones that was my Mom's that you use indoors and it did a great job but nothing to compare with the Egg! And nothing is any easier to "clean" than the Egg. I have the Geo. Forman Lean Mean, etc. and I sometimes still use it, mostly for grilled cheese sammiches for the grandkids, but the rotisserie is just taking up space in the pantry.

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Betty, I never could fathom the courage to take cooking tips from an ex boxer who named ALL his kids after himself. (George) Send it back and buy another EGG. :0) Mac

• IQ
    IQ Posts: 16
    Betty,
    IMHO the egg is just like one of the infomercials advertises[p]You just "Set It And Forget it"[p]Trust the egg[p]I don't know why but I understand the fascination with the spinning thing.[p]Lewis