Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats cookin in Eagle River?

Options
grillingal
grillingal Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody cookin in Eagle River?!!!!

Comments

• Ak Carnivore
    Options
    Just got done with some cedar plank king salmon,gettin ready to tear into some pumpkin pie.seein as how I wasn't
    going to get any Turkey tonite, I went with the salmon.Lets hear the scoop on that bird!
  • grillingal
    Options
    Am soooooooo full. Cooked faster than expected. Nice brown skin and got the crisp I was hoping for. Meat was nice and juicy. Temp was higher than I was looking for when I checked 30 minutes before I thought it would be done so I pulled it out. Legs had that dark pink color and so did the breasts. About 1/4 inch. Had almost 2 cups of drippings. Made the gravy. Not use to the smokey flavor in the gravy. But all in all it was all good. Just finished off a huge piece of pumkin pie. Oh yea, the neighbor had some salmon that I through on for them. So I hope they enjoy that. Maybe we should swap some bird for fish uh?
  • Ak Carnivore
    Options
    Sounds like all went well with the bird.Yeah,my guts complainin from all the pie stuffed in it.Oh well I'll just go lay down now.
  • grillingal
    Options