Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Should I Keep My Rotisserie?

I watched the infomercials and just bought a George Foreman rotisserie. There isn’t anything wrong with the rotisserie . . . it is well made, fascinating to watch and easy to clean. [p]However, it just isn’t a Big Green Egg. I was reflecting on my Egg as I ate my rotisserie meal.[p]Tonight I was going to give it another chance with chicken wings. I remembered previous meals with JJ's rub on wings cooked in the Egg. Couldn't bring myself to start the rotisserie spinning. [p]I am thinking about returning the rotisserie. Is there any benefit that I am missing about a rotisserie that I would lose just cooking all my meat on an Egg? Maybe if I was a gas grill owner . . . it would be fantastic but things come out so juicy on an egg.[p]After one rotisserie meal I guess I am in Egg withdrawl.
[/b]

Comments

• GloriaGloria Posts: 161
    Betty,
    Take the Geo. Forman thingy back! We always cooked our beef on the rotisserie, as well as lamb. I have one of those nice ones that was my Mom's that you use indoors and it did a great job but nothing to compare with the Egg! And nothing is any easier to "clean" than the Egg. I have the Geo. Forman Lean Mean, etc. and I sometimes still use it, mostly for grilled cheese sammiches for the grandkids, but the rotisserie is just taking up space in the pantry.

• Mac  in NCMac in NC Posts: 287
    Betty, I never could fathom the courage to take cooking tips from an ex boxer who named ALL his kids after himself. (George) Send it back and buy another EGG. :0) Mac

• IQIQ Posts: 16
    Betty,
    IMHO the egg is just like one of the infomercials advertises[p]You just "Set It And Forget it"[p]Trust the egg[p]I don't know why but I understand the fascination with the spinning thing.[p]Lewis