Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights Prime rib, Wonderful

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My thanks to everyone for all the help with with my rib roast cook. Purchased a two bone 4lb'er, bones tied on. Rubbed it with a combination of Dizzy Pig's Cowlick rub and BlueSmoke's Gilded Sprinter's, then mixed a small amount of Worcestershire sauce & A-1 steak sauce together and rubbed that on, finally slathered it with
horseradish, wrapped it in plastic and let it sit for two days in the fridge.[p]Seared at 650° in the medium for about 3min. per side. (Lots of smoke doing this) I left the bones on because the butcher left them hinged at one end, just cut the string off as it would have burned off anyway. [p]Tied the bones back tight and put it
in the large,indirect at 225°, pulled it at 136°, tented about 15min., it rose to 143°, sliced it, a wonderful light pink on the inside with a nice crust on the outside.[p]Now I don't normally eat prime rib but will at a high end restaurant, I have to tell you this was wonderful. Their were three of us and we at the whole thing. My guest could not get over how tender and tasty it was.[p]Pork tenderloins tonight, T bones for Friday night. My friends wife wants to go to her favorite Mexican restaurant one night, he wants me to cook on the egg for him.[p]Cheers and thanks to all,[p]New Bob[p]

Comments

• Bordello
    Options
    I forgot to mention that this recipe is one of those posted by Stogie. (Thanks Stogie) I did opt to use rubs that I had on hand. [p]I just wanted to credit to Stogie for his help.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Congrats! Standing rib is my all time favorite cook on the Egg. Probably because the wife only lets me do them once a year. [p]I'll have to try Stogie's recipe myself. Was that 2 boner enough meat for 3 people??[p]K~G

• Bordello
    Options
    Hi KennyG,
    Thanks,
    The 2 bone roast was perfect, my buddy is a big meat eater and he pigged out. I was going to get 3 bones but with this being my second rib roast I was not sure if I would screw it up. The next one will be larger. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    New Bob,
    We cooked an 18.8 lb standing for Christmas dinner and it was the best meat I have ever eaten...turned out perfect....so go for a biggie; you won't be sorry.

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    [p]Thanks, New Bob! [p]Glad it turned out for you.[p]Stogie
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    New Bob,[p]So glad it turned out well! We had leftover prime rib last night too. We had done a 3 boner on New Year's Day and for the two of us, that gave us some to foodsave and freeze. Made a great quick meal after a really late day at work yesterday. Put it in the oven in a roasting pan with a little water in the bottom, stuck a polder and my new Maverick in it (just to play around) and took my receiver into the living room to veg in front of the TV for a few minutes while it heated up. Even reheated, it was wonderful![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Stogie,
    How about an email or a post of your prime rib recipe? Thans, Ray

• Bordello
    Options
    Babyray,
    Here is a link to the thread where Stogie was nice enough to share his recipe with us.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Link[/ul]